Nationally accredited by LEADR and a member of several dispute resolution panels, Catherine mediates a variety of disputes including complex, commercial and court referred cases.
Her mediation practice includes workplace and employment related disputes.
- Banking: default on various loan agreements, mistaken discharge of mortgage including unjust enrichment, action under terms of guarantee
- Construction: Performance of contract including quality of work, disputes over variations to contract (residential buildings), also property (landlord and lessee), rent arrears, dilapidation and property management
- Contractual: Breach of service agreement; breach of contract of engagement (research capacity); Breach of Director’s duties – improper use of information obtained while Director. Breach of Retainer Agreement
- Health: Patient’s family issues with hospital care including alleged improper conduct by health carer to quadraplegic patient including sexual harassment
- Insurance: Insurance claim – loss of business income caused by fire; Professional negligence; Personal injury claim – partial disablement
- Intellectual Property/ patent: Wrongful use of Company’s Intellectual Property (IP) by a Director, breach of terms of license to use; whether or not product was patentable. Levels of contribution to development and entitlement to profits.
- Partnership: Valuation of contribution and income entitlement; value of interest in partnership and contribution
- Negligence: Various claims against solicitors including failure to advise on loan risk; failure to advise likely outcome in Family Law proceedings
- Property: Lessor/lessee disputes commercial and residential property.
- Sale of Business: Dispute over appropriate method of valuation of segment of business to be sold to subsidiary company within group of companies; ongoing entitlement to profit after sale
- Testamentary Disputes: Various disputes between family members over entitlement to estate (Family Provision Act) issues including large subdividable rural land holdings, valuation of property and permanent disability
- Workplace/employment: various disputes in public and private sector including large and small companies and professional services firms
- Harassment and bullying between staff and manager; Complaint and subsequent investigation into sexual harassment between staff and staff; management and staff; Communication difficulties between manager and staff member including expectations and performance management; chronic absenteeism; organisational conflict concerning knowledge sharing and team-building capacity; facilitation of termination of employment discussions
- Mediation following investigation of various complaints as part of recommendation to return to work.
- Relationship Property settlements: Various settlements relating to the distribution of property after marriage separation
- Commercially focused meetings for executive management
- Relationship issues including those confronting management and executive teams
- Performance Management relating to professional services in public and private sectors
- Sexual Harassment in the workplace and in provision of professional services
- Bullying in workplace
- Interpersonal communication
- Business partnership conflict
- Termination of employment
Coaching and Training
LEADR (Leading Edge Alternative Dispute Resolution) Lead Coach and Coach for large number Leadr Mediation training workshops and in-house ADR training programs
The Trillium Group Coaches for Trillium ADR Workshop and Advanced Negotiation Training Program
- Conducted Conflict Resolution Training workshops for Mission Australia